Friday, July 3, 2009

TKB Pigments!

My TKB pigments came in last night after work! At first when I got home I was kind of upset because I didn’t see a box; but I shrugged it off thinking it would come in tomorrow or the day after. Later that night I logged onto the 'net and saw that USPS had confirmed that my packaged had been delivered! What?! To where?!

To my BF's - that’s where! Silly me… I must have checked off the shipping address being the same as the billing (which it’s not, he’s nice enough to buy me things I enjoy every once in awhile, but I don’t live with him) so, being the great BF that he is, he offered to go swing by his house to get my package, b/c he knew I couldn’t wait to play with them.

So here they are:

Top row from L: Apple Blossom, Artisan Coral, Blush Beige, Bolera Mica, Sparkle Rose & Smokey XXX.
Bottom Row from F: Pearl Yellow, Gold Lame, Aztec Gold, Bronze Fine, Bronzed Gold, Oriental Beige & Blackstar Gold Mica.


I tried to stick to mostly Pinks/Golds & Browns so that I could my maximize my usage, lol... Also I go to school during the day and work in the evenings so I need E/s that can carry through the day and outfit changes. I like to experiment with color, but I usually save that for the weekends or school only days (I go to Art school, we're allowed to be colorful and crazy - it’s actually kind of expected!)

I LOVE these pigments, I usually order MAC pigges from the The Body Needs. The quantity you get with TBN is 1/4th of a teaspoon... not exactly a lot to work with.Although I do love the MAC piggies, at about 2 bucks a pop I couldn’t really afford a bunch of these (I usually ordered about 6 at a time) Then, I stumbled upon a post raving about these TKD pigges so I decided to give them a try and oh boy, I LOVE them. They are SO generous!! Look at how much comes in the little ziplock bags!

You can see they are all filled to the top (3 gram jars) and there is still a BUNCH left in the bags. Wowzers, so generous - I will be ordering from them again ASAP. The sample bags contain quite a bit of pigmented goodness. The quality of the pigments are amazing, they have great staying power and are finely milled.

Now on to some swatches:

(No Flash)

(Flash)
L to R : Pearl Yellow, Gold Lame, Aztec Gold, Bronze Fine, Bronzed Gold, Oriental Beige & Blackstar Gold Mica.


(No Flash)

(Flash)
L to R : Apple Blossom, Artisan Coral, Blush Beige, Bolera Mica, Sparkle Rose & Smokey XXX.

I love them all! Can't wait to get more! Although a note of caution: Sparkle Rose is almost like a dust! When swatching it kept falling off, I tried it later wet and stayed on perfectly. If it wasn’t for the consistency I’d say this one would be a perfect dupe of MAC's Rose.

Edit: These pigments are sold in ziplock bags - not gram jars.  I have 3 gram sample jars that I buy for the purpose of storing pigments.  I find that its a lot less messy to store/play with pigments if they are in jars.




 

xUrbanitex © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness