Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Revlon Creme Gloss Review

I recently purchased two Revlon Crème Gloss lippies at my local CVS on while I was on break in between classes. I mainly noticed these at first because of the fact that they were on bogo (lol). These are new to the Revlon line so I guess the Bogo deal was an incentive to get people to try them out. Well it worked, as I picked up two to give them a try! The next thing I noticed was the striking similarities in packing between these and Chanel’s crème lumière glosses.

Don’t they basically the same?! The only real difference if the position of the gold stripe, as far as packing is concerned. But I picked up Hot Tamale and Patent Leather Pink – kept in the safe pinky/coral zone for the try out, lol. 

(Patent Leather Pink on top and Hot Tamale on bottom)

I don’t usually gravitate towards lippies like this because I’m really not a fan on click dispensing type lippies, they usually come across as cheepy to me. Also, they are usually hard to control; you end up clicking all day and getting next to nothing - then next time you click twice and you get a mess… I’ll admit I was enticed at first since Chanel advertises there as,

“A hybrid of gloss and lipstick, chic colour and intense shine combine for creamy, full coverage that feels soft and lightweight on lips."

OoOooO right?? That’s what I thought :] However the fact that it was a click dispenser (cheepy feeling) made me think twice about spending $35 on one. 

However after picking up these Revlon babies at about $11 for both, including tax I was ready to get home and play with them. As they describe them,

 “The next-generation in lip gloss with both full-coverage color and extreme gloss shine. Collagen complex and light reflecting particles give lips a fuller appearance. Vitamin E and collagen condition for ultra-soft lips. Unique flow-through brush offers smooth, even application. Available in 15 deeply pigmented, high gloss shades.” 

(No Flash)(With Flash)

These really impressed me, I didn’t know much about them until I tried them myself but when I got home and looked on MUA I noticed some people had some negative experiences with them. I don’t think they are drying whatsoever, it’s by no means a lip conditioner or moisturizer but I wasn’t left with dry lips after the color wore off. The gloss actually went on smooth, although it did take some working and layering to get it on evenly. The color you see through the tube is the color you get, I loved that one simple fact! Once dried I was left over with some pieces of sparkles, and I hate leftover sparkles! But they weren’t big slutty looking ones and were easily rubbed off. 

Pros:
Cheep ($9-$11 Depending where you go, but look out for BOGO’s!)
Easily accessible
Good range of colors
Both Matte and Shimmer types available
Good pigmentation


Cons:
Some sparkles left behind
Click dispensing (Although some do like/prefer this type of packaging)


Would you buy again?
If I see them on Bogo I wouldn’t hesitate to pick up a few more shades. All and all I like these lippies and once you can get the dispensing down to a science they clicking really Isn’t all that bad. The pigmentation is great – now I’m really curious to try a Chanel one!


 

xUrbanitex © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness